Crispin Hellion Glover
2. Selected Readings From RAT CATCHING
3. The New Clean Song
5. Clowny Clown Clown
6. Getting Out Of Bed
7. These Boots Are Made For Walking
8. The Daring Young Man On The Flying Trapeze
9. Never Say "Never" To Always
10. Selected Readings From OAK MOT Part I
11. Selected Readings From OAK MOT Part II
12. Selected Readings From OAK MOT Part III
13. Selected Readings From OAK MOT Part IV
The fellow most of the world thinks of as George McFly made an album…and it's one seriously fucked up disc. He reads from old books, raps about the joys of yanking his crank, (sort of) sings about his friend, a dead clown, whom he secretly hated, and covers Nancy Sinatra and Charlie Manson tunes, all to the backing music of Barnes & Barnes, the duo responsible for the immortal song "Fish Heads." To top things off, the last listed track is actually broken up into four separate tracks on the disc, one of which is of Mr. Glover hollering in German. The weirdness just doesn't end.
If you're a hardcore Dr. Demento fan, this is an album for you. Otherwise, it very likely isn't going to have a prominent place in your collection but is still worthwhile as either as a source of oddities for mix tapes or…nothing else, really. Maybe if you plan to do serious drugs and want background music, this might make for some interesting listening, but otherwise it's a once-in-a-blue-moon disc. Highly recommended, nonetheless.
Review by Jonathan Arnett
Review date: 06/2000